A fire has caused $10,000 worth of damage.

The Dysart et al fire department extinguished the flames at a building on Calico Road yesterday afternoon.

Fire Chief Mike Iles says the building was full of smoke, and there was a fire in one room.

He says eight firefighters were on scene for two hours ventilating the building to remove smoke and carbon monoxide.

The fire was caused by an appliance used for warming natural oils.

Iles says everybody evacuated the building safely, and no injuries were reported.