Our local health unit is cracking down when it comes to vaccinations. The Haliburton-Kawartha-Pine Ridge District Health Unit will be sending out letters to students in Haliburton County if their vaccination records aren’t updated.

Manager of Communicable Disease Control Marianne Rock explains what to do if you get a notice.

Rock says students can be exempt from getting shots for medical reasons, and religious beliefs.