News The Snow In Your Yard Could Be A Fire Hazard SHARE ON: Kaitlin Livingston, contributor, Wednesday, Jan. 11th, 2017 The snow in the county could be a potential fire hazard if you don’t know what to do. Our local fire departments want you to check your regulator if you heat your home with propane. If it’s covered in snow, or ice, make sure to clear it. Officials say if your regulator is covered it could be filling your house with carbon monoxide. If you have a chimney, you’re being asked to hire a professional to remove the snow and ice.