Two men are facing charges after police responded to a dispute in Haliburton.
Police responded to a call on Oct. 26 about a dispute involving a man and woman, with reports of the man having possession of a firearm at the time of the incident.
Police attended and located the parties involved as well as the firearm.
As a result of the investigation, officers charged a man with:
– Pointing a firearm
– Careless storage of a firearm, weapon, prohibited device or ammunition
– Unauthorized possession of a firearm
– Failure to comply with release order
– Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking, 2 counts
– Possession of a prohibited device or ammunition for dangerous purpose
– Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose
A second male was also charged with the following offences:
– Failure to comply with release order, 2 counts
Both accused parties were held in custody for the purposes of a bail hearing. The identities of the accused are not being released in an effort to protect the identities of the victims.
Police say if you or someone you know are experiencing domestic violence, you are not alone and to call 9-1-1 if you feel that you are in danger. For further information and resources regarding intimate partner violence please visit the Ontario Provincial Police website at opp.ca.