Ontario Premier Doug Ford says his government is working hand in hand with the Minden Hospital and the Ministry of Health over the potential closure of the hospital’s Emergency Department.
Ford says they are working with the hospital, which is the one that hires nurses, and he adds they believe in giving the best health care they can across the province.
Earlier this month, over 17-thousand people signed a petition asking to push back the closure of the department.
Haliburton Highlands Health Services announced before that that the Emergency Room in Minden would close as of June 1 and all emergency services would be transferred to its Haliburton location, 25 kilometres away.
***Written by Casey Kenny