The fire department has confirmed the fire at the Harcourt Community Centre started in the ceiling. Dysart Fire Chief Miles Maughan says they’re not sure what caused it, but know that it started in the ceiling/attic area above the kitchen.

The Highlands East Fire Department responded to the call yesterday morning and when they got there, the building was engulfed in flames.

Maughan is estimating the damage to be around $400,000. Maughan is confirming no one had been in the building for 24 hours, and no one was injured in the fire.