News Remember to clean your chimney before using it to heat your house SHARE ON: Kaitlin Livingston, contributor, Tuesday, Oct. 25th, 2016 With the cooler weather fast approaching, firefighters in Haliburton County want to remind you to heat your house carefully. Officials say chimneys used for wood burning appliances need to be cleaned every year, and inspected regularly throughout the heating season. They say aside from regular cleaning, a carbon monoxide detector must be on every level of your home. Officials say this is a law in Ontario. Firefighters say in an event of a fire, get out, stay out, and call 9-1-1.