News Fire officials sending out generator safety tips SHARE ON: Taylor Ablett, contributor, Tuesday, Aug. 8th, 2017 Photo: Some of the damage done at the Olympia Sports Camp. Supplied by Mike Vadlja, Huntsville-Lake of Bays Fire Department. Fire officials are reminding everyone to be careful when it comes to generators. This comes as one person suffered burns to their arms and around $20,000 dollars worth of damages was done after a generator burst into flames. It happened at the Olympia Sports Camp on Limberlost Road in Lake of Bays on Saturday morning. An employee was re-fueling the generator when it caught on fire and spread into a building nearby. The Huntsville-Lake of Bays Fire Department says to never re-fuel a generator while it hot, and to turn it off and let it cool down before you pour gas into it. It also says generators should be used in a well ventilated area outside, away from all doors, windows and vent openings, and never in an attached garage even if the door is open. Store gas for the generator in a container meant just for that, and make sure is well labeled. The fire department also notes that container should be stored away from all living areas. Click here for more generator safety tips.