The Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit wants you to be flu free this winter.

H.K.P.R. is reminding people in the county to get the flu shot from their physician, a pharmacy or at the health unit office.

Manager of Communicable Disease Control, Epidemiology and Evaluation Marianna Rock says even if you get sick following the flu shot, the symptoms are usually milder than if you don’t get it.

If you do not have a family doctor, there are pharmacies that will give you the shot free of charge.

If you have children under five-years, you should make an appointment with the health unit.

The H.K.P.R. says anyone who is six-months or older should get the flu shot.

Click here for more information.