Fire departments in Haliburton County are reminding you that it’s the law to have a working Carbon Monoxide Alarm in your home.

This comes as communities across Ontario are recognizing Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week.

Fire Prevention Officer Matt Musclow says it’s important to have a working Carbon Monoxide Alarm, but also to make sure they’re working.

Musclow says Carbon Monoxide has no sound or scent, so your alarm is your only form of protection against it. But, he says there are symptoms that there is Carbon Monoxide in your home.

Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week in Ontario runs from November 1st to the 7th.

** With files from Andreas Pandikiu