Canada Day celebrations across Haliburton County will give you a lot to choose from this year. BBQ’s, fishing derby’s, races, and family activities are taking place at locations like West Guilford, Gooderham, Dorset and Minden Hills.
- Location: West Guilford Recreation Centre
- Registration for Pine Lake Swim 8:30 and Horseshoe Tournament 9:30
- Vendors 8:30 – 12:00
- Opening Ceremonies 12:00 – includes Matt Duchene with his Gold Medal!
- Best decorated bike and best red & white dressed will receive awards
- Canada Day Citizen Award will be given out
- Following opening ceremonies, Waterfront Races, Foot Races, and many others for both kids and adults until 5:30 p.m.
- Beef BBQ supper served at 5:30 including a piece of homemade pie!
- Fireworks at dark
- More information, call 705-754-2168
Oxtongue Lake Community Centre
- 11:00 – 2:00
- Birch bark canoes and quill work display by Rick Nash
- People’s Choice for “best decorated” Canadians
- Drum circle
- Colouring table
- Stormy the Clown
- Georgian Bay Saxophone Ensemble
- 10:00 – 3:00
- Live performances
- River raft races
- Kids fishing derby (registration 8:00 a.m.)
- Wagon rides
- Food vendors
- Wendy Bolt will save her 23″ hair to raise funds for the Minden Legion and her hair will be given to make wigs for cancer patients
- Fireworks at dusk at the fairgrounds
- Live entertainment
Haliburton Highlands Museum
- 11:00 – 4:00
- Old-fashioned Canada Day celebration!
- The 1870s farmstead will be opening for the summer season
- Games, treats, crafts and fun for the whole family – all while learning a bit about the history of this wonderful area!
- For more information, call 705-457-2760 or email info @haliburtonhighlandsmuseum.com