News No one hurt in structure fire on Wigamog Road SHARE ON: Phil McCabe, contributor, Tuesday, Jan. 8th, 2019 Dysart et al Fire Chief Mike Iles is emphasizing the importance of smoke alarms following a fire. According to Iles, Dysart and Minden’s firefighters responded to a structure fire on Wigamog Road around 3:45am. Iles tells My Haliburton Now.com the firefighters were able to put out the blaze but adds although some of the contents of the home are salvageable the home was completely destroyed. Iles says there were three people in the home but they were woken up by the smoke alarm and managed to get out of the building unharmed. Which Iles emphatically pointed out that a working smoke detector can save lives and very much did in this instance. According to Iles, the fire department estimates the fire caused $250,000 in damages. Iles is reminding everyone to check your smoke detectors are working because they can mean the difference between life and death.