A man from Minden Hills Township has been hit with 10 charges after a Haliburton Highlands OPP drug investigation.
Officers from the detachment responded to a call of a drug overdose Thursday morning at a home on Country Road 121 in the Township of Minden Hills. When they arrived, they found the male at the address in possession of a “significant amount” of drugs and stolen property, according to Constable Michelle Scanlan. A warrant was executed for further investigation.
Fentanyl, methamphetamine, and others controlled substances were seized, worth an estimated $14,000.
The 27-year-old has been charged with:
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Breach of firearms regulation- store firearm or restricted weapon
- Knowledge of unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Occupant of motor vehicle knowing there was a firearm
- Possession of a schedule 1 substance for the purpose of trafficking
- Unauthorized possession of a weapon
- Two counts of possession of a weapon for dangerous purpose
- Two counts of possession of a firearm or ammunition contrary to Prohibition order
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000
- Theft over $5,000
He is in custody pending his bail hearing.