News Lochlin home destroyed by fire SHARE ON: Sue Black, staff Thursday, Jan. 9th, 2014 A house was completely destroyed by fire in Minden. Yesterday afternoon around 3:30 the Minden Fire Department were called to a house fire at 1018 Lochlin Road. When they arrived on scene the rear of the building was fully envolved. 14 Minden firefighters were on scene with assistance from the Dysart fire department. Minden Fire Chief Doug Schell says an electric heater could be the cause of the blaze. Firefighters were on scene for about 6 hours.