A small brush fire has fire fighters warning local residents.

Dysart Fire Department had to put out a fire that was spreading through the bush on Peninsula Drive yesterday afternoon. It was burning the dry leaves on the ground but fire crews were able to put it out with one load of water.

Fire Chief Miles Maughan says it was caused by a pile of ashes that were dumped 24 hours earlier. Maughan is warning people that ashes can hold coals for hours after the last fire, so to be careful when you’re getting rid of them.

He’s also reminding residents that burning regulations are still in effect until November 1st.