This year’s Hike Haliburton is looking for hike leaders, and is offering free workshops for anyone interested. The festival is presented 60 guided and themed hikes throughout the Haliburton Highlands from September 18-21. It’s the 12th year for the event and it continues to be the largest hiking event in Canada.
The following is a list of the workshops offered:
- Two day wilderness first aid certification course – August 22 and 23 (free for first 12 who register)
- Half day primer on First Aid for hikers – September 14
- Half day Hike Leader Certification course (Hike Ontario) – August 28
- Half day workshop in natural and cultural heritage interpretation – September 14
- Half day Haliburton Highlands Tourism Ambassador workshop – September 16
Each workshop is free for anyone interested in becoming a guide for the event, with the exception of the wilderness first aid certification.
If you would like to register, contact the Project Manager, Barrie Martin at 705-457-7557 or email@example.com or the Training Coorindator, Corina Mansfield at 705-854-0628 or firstname.lastname@example.org.